Our Registered Dietitians, Nicole Wilkerson, MMN, RD, LD and Carly McFarland, RD, LD can provide individualized nutrition education and counseling on various topics such as the following:
- Weight maintenance, weight loss, or weight gain
- Meal planning, general healthy eating, and an evaluation of current eating habits
- How to read and understand nutrition facts labels
- Food allergies, sensitivities, and restricted diets
- Nutrition tips, meal plans, and guidelines for individuals with gastrointestinal disorders, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and/or other chronic nutrition-related diseases
- Nutrition presentations in-person and WebEx
- Cooking demonstrations and culinary education (fees may apply)
What to Expect at Your First Visit:
When you meet individually with our registered dietitians, you will discuss your dietary needs while developing specific, measurable goals that fit your lifestyle. In order to provide you with the best care, the dietitian will collect some biometric information, such as body weight, and will conduct a 24-hour food recall. There’s no need to alter your diet prior to meeting; our team will partner with you as you set reasonable goals.
The GE Family Wellness Center is equipped with a state-of-the-art demo kitchen complete with the following:
- Range with a hood
- Full-size refrigerator
- Counter-top seating for 3
- Plasma screen TV
Our team will teach group and individual classes on preparing delicious and nutritious meals that fit your lifestyle. You will learn how to use a knife, transform your favorite recipes to be healthier without sacrificing taste, and teach you to efficiently plan and prepare quick, healthy meals that taste great.